This evening, I am posting images and information on Glasgow Green, Glasgow, Scotland. This is a fascinating and historic part of Glasgow featuring:
- An historic carpet factory with design influenced by the Doge’s Palace in Venice.
- Impressive memorial to Britain’s naval hero, Lord Nelson.
- Famous location where James Watt obtained inspiration for his refined Steam engine which helped trigger the Industrial, Revolution.
- Former place of public execution.
- People’s Palace, social history museum.
- Famous Doulton Fountain made from terracotta.
- River Clyde with its related sculling activities.
- Proximity to nearby Gorbals area and Glasgow City Centre.
- Place where residents washing used to be hung out to dry.